Round Rock ISD Parent Programs
The 2020-2021 school year is one like none other before, a different kind of school year. Parent Programs is reimaging its service delivery model and plans to offer online resources to support families during this time of distance learning. For the foreseeable future, there will be no in-person family activities and/or in-person activities in compliance with district safety guidelines.
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility. Our vision remains to be
Family Engagement – Working Together for Student Success
Family engagement at Round Rock ISD is a shared responsibility of families, school, and communities for student learning and achievement. We want to engage families by partnering with them to foster positive home-school connections through intentional opportunities linked to learning to support student success.
Our goals is to embed the essential elements of the Dual Capacity Building Framework for Family-School Partnership into our work. The elements are as follows:
1) Linked to Learning: District and school goals must be aligned with parents goals for their children.
2) Relational: Trusting and respectful relationships must be developed between districts, schools, staff, and families.
3) Developmental: Encourage developmental intelligence and social capital.
4) Collective/Collaborative: Focuses on learning and creating as a group, rather than individually.
5) Interactive: Encourage participants to put their skills into practice.